Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lunar Eclipse Morning

yesterday my teacher mentioned that there would be a lunar eclipse this morning starting at 5:45am. so i set my alarms and got up at 6am and considered going outside to see the moon. what luck that i could see it from my bedroom window!! so i set up my chair, got wrapped up in my blanket and sat and watched (while sketching out a couple future paintings since i sat there for an hour).

then about 10 minutes before it ended as the dark side of the moon had a redish hue and the light side took on a yellowish hue, i thought how cool a picture of it would be. so i ran down stairs grabbed my camera and was disappointed as usual with crummy pictures of a black sky with one white dot.

... i wasn't going to except that. so i grabbed my sketch book instead and some color pencils and drew my exact view. sorry its hard to see, cheap color pencils means zip contrast, very light picture.


(i realized that while i was drawing this i should have done it more for things in the past rather than just not posting. apology to my blog for ignoring it for a year!)

No comments: