Monday, July 16, 2012

New and True

 Friday night my best friend Haley came up from Provo to visit. Its been months since I'd seen her so it was a real treat. I was able to sleep over at our friend Allison's and spend even more time with her, then all day Saturday the 3 of us hung out, watching movies, driving through the nature park, and playing Nerts (my favorite card game).

Hot chocolate before seeing "Snow White and the Huntsman."

Me in the theater before it started, so dark.

Haley didn't want to be photography so she stuck her PJs on her head.

Haley left Sunday afternoon, and I was back in my apartment. With nothing much to do, I decided to go back to the Nature Park and practicing drawing ducks and get some "nature" reference.  It was only 1.6 miles, but the sun was out and there was very little shade most of the walk

Seagulls of Rexburg at Porter Park.


 Nature Park is ultimately just a very large and complicated duck pond with short, paved paths running all around, over and through it. Trees and brush cover everything, and the animals are birds and bugs, but I think it is so beautiful!. You can even camp in the back with a tent, which I would really like to do some time, maybe next summer.









Around the time I reached the end of my trail, they were some young families feeding ducks, so I stopped, dropped, and sketched. This red pen is my favorite and would really love some more. It was so much fun, I can't wait till the next time I can get over and find more things to sketch and photograph.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That looks really pretty, my kids would love it! What kinds of pen do you want, we'll get you some for your birthday.