Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December (before Christmas)

Before Christmas I was still stuck in Rexburg with 2 more weeks of school. Never fear I didn't make it a miserable 2 weeks even with all the final projects, commissions, and side projects I had going on. My friend Lara and I hung out lots, got ice cream, made delicious food, and took opportunities to enjoy the quiet moments of life.

The frozen yogurt I got at Kiwi Loco, I made it pretty!


I made "simple chicken" and parmesan couscous (from Mom). I was surprise how moist the chicken was, I need to try to find the recipe so I can make it again.

The last Monday of the school year, my ward had a Christmas party which included a "graham cracker house" building. I didn't want to just make a house though, I wanted more exciting. So entreated my inner nerd to come up with a little Doctor Who creation: THE TARDIS! And for those who are nerds with me (as my neighbors were who helped me come up with ideas) used quotes from the first season and little images of the Doctor's companions.



To end the semester right, I did what I can only call a "prank" but I suppose surprise works too. Throughout the semester, friends and I wrote down little things my Intro to Illustration teacher said and did and made illustrations for them. Then we collaged the illustrations and posted them on my teacher's door for him to find the final morning of school! It was really funny to make all the drawings, my teacher is such a character.

Mom and Dad came and picked me up Monday after school because we decided it'd be best if I brought my things home. The tahoe was PACKED but we all had enough space (though Mom and Dad both thought I looked cramped). We rushed home but were stopped a few times by an inability to see when snow storms blew over us. But we made it home safe and tired.



On the trip home we made a stop in Mesquite, NV for gas and found ourselves surrounds by ducks! Mom and I didn't get out of the truck and were amused while Dad filled up.


We made a second stop in Las Vegas to see Mom's old house where she grew up and made a side trip to see the temple.


 We got home Wednesday and Friday I had to chance to baby-sit while Kristi watched Kevin's graduation from ASU. Stephanie and I schemed together to take all the kids to the zoo accompanied by Amy and her kids. It was a crazy afternoon but worth it in my opinion. Any moment spent with family always is.






No comments: