Friday, September 21, 2012

Back in Rexburg

 So after surviving my first semester away from home I'm back again in Rexburg, 900 miles from home.  But here I am so I'll try and make the best of it. Last time I promised some pictures of my apartment. This semester I live right next to my last semester apartment so everything is the opposite of before. Overall its pretty nice place except the cable is whacky and the stairs and second floor squeak like crazy (but you get used to that).

Thankfully even with our whacky cable, Food Network still works. Last Friday morning, I was watching Paula Dean and she made what she called "A One-eyed Sailor" and it looked really good so I tired it, too. I was a little nervous because I've never had my eggs anything but scrambled. However there wasn't too much runniness and I liked it a lot, maybe I'll make it again sometime.

My roommate has a star cookie cutter~

We begin the tour in the kitchen. I used one of my Command Strip hooks to hang aprons. 


The living room from the door. It is very difficult getting such a long shot and still mange to make it wide enough to get everything. 




The Saturday after I got up, my roommate Stephanie and I went to DI because I wanted a cup to put spoons in for next to the stove. While there she found this ceramic owl. Now, of course, I freaked out, for 3 reasons: 1. ITS AN OWL! 2. It had completely no damage done to it like most ceramic pieces you find at DI and Goodwill. And 3. because in my 3D Design class at MCC this statue was sitting on a shelf in the classroom and I loved it (the only thing I liked about that class).  So it came home with me and its now our bar decoration.



The bathroom is right at the top of the stairs. 


On to my room. I chose the back bedroom that I share with my best friend Lara. She's kind enough to put up with all my owls.







This ribbon was wrapped on my apron so I had to find something to do with it.
Lara is a big cooker, and one of her favorite dishes to make is ratatouille. We bought most of the ingredients at the local Farmer's Market on Friday and made it Saturday for dinner. And I made cookies from one of the mixes Lara got from her grandma. The ratatouille was really good though it needed salt. Lara served it over wheat noodles to make it more filling and the next day we turned it into a sandwich. So good!


No comments: