Monday, September 10, 2012

Leaving Home

Labor Day was spent cleaning followed by hanging out with my college art-mate, Priscilla. Then I rushed home where Ryan, Amy, and family were over for ribs. I'm glad I made it because I was able to play with my niece Evelyn a bit and hold my new nephew Ammon before I won't see them again for 3 months. Then Wednesday Mom, Dad, and I were able to take Grandma out for dinner. I love my family so much, its sad to leave them but I won't be gone long... Now to just keep repeating that too myself till the holidays.



Thursday was the day. I drove up with my best friend Lara, who, after some difficult contract tracking, was able to get a last minute contract for my complex and is now my roommate! Our first destination was Provo, UT where we stayed the night with my best friend and Lara's twin sister Haley. We arrived around 7pm and immediately headed out to the Brick Oven Pizzeria  right by her apartment for pizza and a Sasquatch (their Cookie Monster dessert with a brownie added to the middle).




Friday morning Lara and I went walking around campus to print off coupons for Einstein Bagels, and it made me both appreciate and regret going to BYU-I instead of Provo. It was so gorgeous, being under the mountain and seeing all their beautiful landscaping. Across the street from Haley's apartment was a duck pond which had a river and water fall overlooking it. What made me appreciate Rexburg though was (1) the amount of people we had to fight through and (2) stairs. Rexburg has hills, but the Y has stairs. No me gusta.



There are more stairs to this picture, you just can't see there through the trees.
Friday night was filled with unpacking the car, followed by filling it back up with things from my storage locker, followed by filling any and all extra empty spots with groceries (never shop at Albertsons for a major shopping trip). Then I sat down to a sad Chinese dinner (with my chopsticks) that looked better than it tasted and "Rosemerry and Thyme" on Netflix (thanks Mom for getting me hooked).


Lara and I are still unpacking, organizing, and decorating our room so I will have pictures to follow on that soon enough but for now this post will end with my wonderful mishap this morning as I was cutting an onion and my knife slipped and sliced off a hunk of my nail. My poor left hand has been a through a lot this week with scratches covering it already.


No comments: