Thursday, June 14, 2012

Its a Life Motto


I've taken up a new motto to live by, and for the most part, I am living by it and its great. 

"If you want to be good at something then do it."

I've always wanted to be able to cook, but I never did at home. So that's why I've been cooking so much up here, because I'm finally taking the initiative (Not because I no longer have a mother cooking me dinner every night). I've only had ramen a couple times and and Mac n Cheese maybe 3 times. I'm getting much better at watching my temperature, not over cooking my eggs, and making things moist. Flavoring, like knowing how much salt and pepper to add, is still an issue, but I'm sure I'll learn it with time. 

That's why I have this motto, its similar to the motto "Fake it till you make it." If you keep doing something eventually you'll be good at it and you won't be faking, you'll be doing it, your confidence will rise and people will admire your skill. "Practice makes perfect" is also related. Its all the same as my drawing. I'm good at drawing not because of a teacher or special pencil, but because I draw every day and continue to use me skill. 

So I keep cooking so that one day, I can be great at cooking!~

Breakfast Potatoes: turkey sausage, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, and a little green onion for color. Seasoned with Seasoning Salt and Nature Seasoning. Served with milk (I like making sure I have all the pieces to the food pyramid in every meal.)

No comments: