Friday, June 15, 2012

My Momma would be Proud

This is my first dinner in 3 days. The last 2 nights I was at school too late and just skipped rather than eating right before I went to bed. Wednesday I stayed after class and did my homework so I wouldn't be stressing over it till 1am like I did Tuesday. And Thursday I got home from class at 8pm but then immediately went to the store with my roommate and then to zumba for an hour with no breaks between. So each day I wasn't officially home till 10pm, but I try not to eat (1) after 9:30pm or (2) 2 hrs before bed and since I've been trying to make it to bed by at 11pm, it didn't make sense to make dinner. So tonight I got home from being at school on my day-off, just chilling in the computer art lab for 6 hrs painting on photoshop and decided to make this: tuna salad sandwich.

The reason for the title is because there are tomatoes in the salad! I hate tomatoes. But the idea for this comes from my friend Allison who made it for me a couple weeks ago and I loved it. So I bought tomatoes just for this (and because I was craving a tomato for my grilled cheese sandwich the other day). How she taught me was to have 5 ingredients:
  • canned tuna
  • chopped tomato
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • mayonnaise
  • chopped lettuce (I couldn't remember if she used cabbage or iceberg lettuce so I just used the heart of my head of romaine lettuce so that I could keep the crunch I had before)
Then I also had cantaloupe and Lay's stacked chips (these and Pringles are my splurge of $1.50 because I only eat a couple for snacks or a serving with meals, and one can usually lasts me 2 weeks). The drink is not blood, but strawberry Sunny-D that I get at the Dollar Store; its my Vitamin-C so I don't get sick with all the stress that school and college life consist of.

Lighting is horrible in this place!



And a pretty poppy I saw on campus today. Thing was huge! As big as my fist!

No comments: