Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Weekend at Home

 Last weekend my big brother Karl was sealed for time and eternity in the Mesa, AZ Temple to the beautiful JaNel. My parents bought me tickets to fly down from school in Idaho to attend the wedding. I was so happy (though I still detest flying). I was just on the brink of super missing my family, so coming home really helped boost my spirits when I got back to school. I was scared though because I almost didn't see all my nephews and nieces, but my wonderful sisters pulled together a special Sunday dinner so I could see everyone. I never realized just how much I miss Sunday dinners. 

Me at the Idaho Falls Airport. My friend Shelley dropped me off and I sat looking at the runway and reading my scriptures while I waited for my plane to fly in from Mesa.

While I was waiting there were a couple of young boys (that reminded me so much of Karter and Koltyn, it hurt) and every time the younger boy saw something with wheels on it (such ass the platform you see), he would call it a "car." So cute!




I didn't think till the flight was almost over to take pictures of the horizon and mountain tops. So cool!
After the wedding reception, I went and hung out with my best friends Lara and Gayle. I hadn't since Lara since last November when I flew to Rexburg, Idaho to check out BYU-I, so it was a long awaited reunion. We made home-made ice with lots of sprinkles and watched "The 3 Musketeers." 




Gayle's silly face she wanted me to take a picture of.
 Sunday was wonderful: I slept in, went to my old singles ward, got home and just laid around reading with Mom and Dad in the family room. Even though we didn't say much to each other at that time, just being with them made me extremely happy and peaceful.

Sunday night we went to my sister Heather's house for a big family dinner since Mom and Dad's house was out of commission, and all of the children were there. My biggest surprise was hearing Evelyn talk so much and actually being able to understand her! I can't wait for the day when I can have a conversation with her. And roly-poly Jenna was all smiles as she crawled everywhere. These kids are getting so big, it helps to remind me that I'm growing up to.



 Look at this boy --  the image of beauty! The song "I Can't Wait Till They Call Me on a Mission" is playing in my head; 8 years till its his turn.


Stephanie got a new nail stamper for making fancy nails. Parker showed me some fish that he put on his nails and was super excited to do mine. Now I have stars on one finger and my toes!





 I tried to make sure I got a picture of everyone~



 Two beautiful girls. I love Jenna's blue eyes.

Silly Kimble.



Dallin did not leave the salsa bowl for a good portion of the night. I thought he smiled for my picture though, maybe my flash went off before he put on his smile...


Koltyn has always been shy of me, but he's getting better, he doesn't cry now every time I give him a hug now! So cute helping his Dad set up the little kids table.

Evelyn was in love with stabbing her olives. I didn't realize how big that fork was for her...


 

After dinner Dad and Ryan watched I think an airplane show and the kids were left to wander while the rest of the adults played Farkle in the living room. It has become Stephanie's new favorite game, and we played often before I left.



Being with my family is the most important thing in my life.  Eating delicious food, playing competitive games, and just laughing are things I cherish every moment I'm with and without them.

<3

No comments: