Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas everyone! Its one of the best holidays, I love the songs and all the good works that people finally seem to do when its cold and wet outside (and of course the presents ain't so bad either). I love getting to spend time with my family at this time of year; however I was sad that I couldn't party with my sister Stephanie and her family this year but their enjoying themselves with her husband's family in Reno, NV right now. We miss them and can't wait for the to get back to the valley.

Now let me describe all the exciting festivities that went on at the Stewart household last night and today.

To start we had a gorgeous dinner! Prime rib, green fluff, carrots, homemade rolls, smoked potatoes--DECL'ISH! Mom even got out the old dusty holiday candles to decorate the table, and after dinner Kimble helped to blow them out (eventually she got it after a couple minutes of trying).



Next Mom read to us from a Nativity Story book that we've had for years. Each page has an ornament depicting what happened on that page, and the kids always enjoy putting them on the tree.


Then Mom brought out the wooden ornaments and everyone got to color their own. Kevin got really into it.

(Karter liked stealing the markers, Kimble had me help her when she figured she had had enough of her coloring and decided to get her humble servant to finish , Jayden missed his ornament and went straight for the newspaper.)
(Wow, I actually got a good picture of Ryan while he wasn't making a face!)
(ps. this is my brother Ryan and his amazing wife Amy)


Mom had the night packed with activities to do, and next on the list was gingerbread houses. I decided I didn't need to make one because I had already made one with my friend Lara the day before (picture not shown) and sat out for this one. Everyone had fun though (mostly eating the candy). Karl and Madison made a mammoth mansion; Amy made a trekking truck, Heather made a humble home, Kevin made a cherubic cottage, and Kimble created a curious cave. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the master pieces.



The next morning, this morning, Christmas morning; Dad, Mom, Karl, Madison, and I all gathered in the family to open presents. That's always fun to see what Mom bought. Then Grandma Radcliffe and her husband Chuck, the Johnson's, Heather, and the Stewart's all came over for a wonderful breakfast of ham, cinnamon rolls, and homemade tamales. Afterward we finished opening presents. The kids were so cute!

(Ryan he been sawing and sanding in our garage for a couple weeks earlier, working on this beautiful heart shelf that his wife had asked for. We think he did a great job!)

Alright that's finally it for this reporter. I hope everyone has a great fun and safe Christmas and is looking forward to New Year's. Feliz Navidad!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Lara, your blog is great! What you write makes me luagh. And I am glad that you got a good picture of Ryan not making a face, very rare.